The World is burning.Wars ,famine ,pestilence and economic crises abound. Even in the relatively somnambulant backwaters of the EU there are some 30,000,000 people out of work and experiencing socio-economic deprivation and marginalisation last seen on the continent back in the 1930’s. The starkest headline , emblematic of just how delusional and introspective open political discourse has become here in Yu-Kay ,the EU’s Northwestern maritime Province , is gleaned from the Daily-Servile Mortgage enslaved,petty bourgeois conformist-Mail,today 9 July. Does this qualify for Schadenfreude ?
Uber cashes in on London Tube strike misery by ramping up fares by almost 200 PER CENT as millions of commuters face a nightmare journey into work today
- London Underground workers are staging 24 hour strike in dispute over pay and introduction of new night services
- Entire network started running down at 5pm ahead of workers from four unions walking out at 6.30pm yesterday
- Thousands of people attempted to beat the crowds by leaving earlier only to find themselves stuck on packed trains
- Uber ramped up the cost of its service introducing a £14.50 minimum fare and charging a further £3.62 per mile
- Have you got any pictures of rush hour chaos?
Little piggies unable to get to their troughs as per schedule and therefore unable to consume their usual , ridiculous amounts of slops.At least part of our Planet ,or rather what’s left of it ,has gained an unexpected respite.